Active Directory: Designing, Deploying, and Running Active Directory, 4th Edition
Active Directory, 4th Edition
To help you take full advantage of Active Directory, this fourth edition of this bestselling book gives you a thorough grounding in Microsoft’s network directory service. With Active Directory, you’ll learn how to design, manage, and maintain an AD infrastructure, whether it’s for a small business network or a multinational enterprise with thousands of resources, services, and users.
This detailed and highly accurate volume covers Active Directory from its origins in Windows 2000 through Windows Server 2008. But unlike typical dry references, Active Directory presents concepts in an easy-to-understand, narrative style. With this book, you will:
- Get a complete review of all the new Windows 2008 features
- Learn how Active Directory works with Exchange and PowerShell
- Take advantage of the updated scripting and programming chapters to automate AD tasks
- Learn how to be more efficient with command-line tools
- Grasp concepts easily with the help of numerous screenshots and diagrams
Ideal for administrators, IT professionals, project managers, and programmers alike, Active Directory is not only for people getting started with AD, it’s also for experienced users who need to stay up-to-date with the latest AD features in Windows Server 2008. It is no wonder this guide is the bestselling AD resource available.