Active Directory: Designing, Deploying, and Running Active Directory, 5th Edition
Active Directory, 5th Edition
Organize your network resources by learning how to design, manage, and maintain Active Directory. Updated to cover Windows Server 2012, the fifth edition of this bestselling book gives you a thorough grounding in Microsoft’s network directory service by explaining concepts in an easy-to-understand, narrative style.
You’ll negotiate a maze of technologies for deploying a scalable and reliable AD infrastructure, with new chapters on management tools, searching the AD database, authentication and security protocols, and Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS). This book provides real-world scenarios that let you apply what you’ve learned—ideal whether you’re a network administrator for a small business or a multinational enterprise.
- Upgrade Active Directory to Windows Server 2012
- Learn the fundamentals, including how AD stores objects
- Use the AD Administrative Center and other management tools
- Learn to administer AD with Windows PowerShell
- Search and gather AD data, using the LDAP query syntax
- Understand how Group Policy functions
- Design a new Active Directory forest
- Examine the Kerberos security protocol
- Get a detailed look at the AD replication process